Sunday, January 13, 2013

Langdon, KS

Langdon, KS.  According to census data, the population here is 42.  That's down thirty from the 2000 census.  That can't bode well for its future.


The Langdon city hall.  The town is still incorporated.



We were attracted to this building largely because of the cat camped out in the doorway.


A big part of the fun of these trips around the state has been the animals we've encountered along the way.  



In 1998 I photographed this canopy-style gas station with my trusty old AE-1.  If I can find the photograph I'll scan and upload it.  In those days there were still gas pumps on the island.  




Another gas station across the street.  I don't recall if the pumps were there in '98.



Defunct antiques store.



These older commercial buildings often had nice detailing.  No snap-in mullions on those windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment